Thursday, May 21, 2009

I guess the answer is...injured

I'm still struggling with this yet to be diagnosed hip injury. I've been pretty bummed about it as my prep for the season was STELLAR. I was running better than ever and finally felt like a complete triathlete.

I was pumped to finally kick off the season with a solid result this coming weekend in Oliver. Today I made the decision (along with my PT) to hold off on any running until I get the results from a bone scan. I'm swimming and biking well so I'm still gonna head to the Okanagan and race - I'm just leaving my runners at home and handing in my chip in T2.

I'll get the results on June 4, 2 days before the Oliver Half. If it's just a soft tissue injury - I can make the decision to run based on how I'm functioning at that point. It may get ugly late in Half Mary but I'll be glad to be pounding the pavement!

On another note, I was shocked and saddened to read about the passing of professional cyclist and triathlete Steve Larsen. It definately snapped me out of feeling sorry for myself and made me appreciate the ability to get out there and enjoy moving my body everyday...even if it is aqua jogging!

Be well, IY

No comments: